NativeScript Augmented Reality
Tip: give this article by TJ a read if you want a nice introduction to AR in NativeScript. It uses an older version of the plugin, but it's still quite relevant.
- iPhone SE, 6s, iPad Pro, iPad 2017, or newer support ARKit. Running iOS 11 or newer.
- Many Android devices support ARCore nowadays. Obviously the faster the device, the better the experience.
From the command prompt go to your app's root folder and execute:
tns plugin add nativescript-ar
Embedding an AR view
Types of AR experiences
- World tracking: augment the world around you
- Face tracking: augment a face
- Image tracking: augment 2D images your camera finds
Using the AR API
Running the demos
To dive in quickly, install NativeScript if you don't have it yet:
npm i -g nativescript,
then clone this repo:
git clone https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/nativescript-ar
src folder you'll find a
package.json which has the commands to build and run these demos:
Solar System (Vue)
npm run demo.solarsystem.ios
npm run demo.solarsystem.android
npm run demo.pokemon.ios
npm run demo.pokemon.android
npm run demo.glasses.ios
npm run demo.glasses.android
This is just a kitchen sink demo with a lot of random stuff.
npm run demo.ios
npm run demo.android
npm run demo.plainjs.ios
npm run demo.plainjs.android